Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil Review


Wash your face with oil? Yup, you heard me. Cleansing oils work for most skin types and are very effective in giving you clean skin without drying out your skin. Cleansing oils dissolve all the makeup, dirt, and oil that have accumulated on your skin, while protecting your skin's natural moisture balance. If rinsed properly, your skin will be left soft, smooth and clean. They're especially great to use when the air is dry such as during winter months when skin is drier and more dehydrated. 

I've used a few different cleansing oils over the years, including MAC's Cleanse Off Oil and Bobbi Brown's Soothing Cleansing Oil. This post will look at the most recent one I've tried -The Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. 

This is what The Body Shop's website has to say about it's Silky Cleansing Oil:

This silky-soft cleanser will effortlessly remove make-up from the whole face quickly and effectively, leaving skin feeling clean, refreshed and clear of impurities. It’s the ultimate time-saver.

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil comes in a 200 mL pump-bottle and costs $16 CDN. 

Ingredients

It has a strong fragrance but if you've used Body Shop products before you know that's a given. I wish it was subtler as I feel it's on the overpowering side, but I do like the way the product works. 

Each night, I pump the bottle a few times into my hand and then rub my hands together to emulsify it. I then apply it to my dry face, all over, massaging it into my skin. I massage it well into areas such as my eyes and lips where the stickier makeup is, such as mascara and lipstick. 

It can take some rinsing to remove entirely, but with warm water and some more rubbing with my wet hands to lift the oil, my skin rinses clean. I have noticed a few times, some oily mascara smudges under my eyes even after massaging gently and rinsing thoroughly. I suspect this is due to one of the mascaras I use (I alternate depending on the look I'm going for) and less so the cleansing oil. 

I love this cleansing oil for its ability to remove all of my makeup. I don't like to use more than one cleanser to wash my entire face (for example a face cleanser and a separate eye makeup remover). Eye makeup removers tend to be oil-based anyway.

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleasing Oil does not irritate my skin, or over-stimulate the oiliness in my t-zone, and it effectively removes all my makeup and any oils and dirt on my skin at the end of the day. I do feel it's slightly too rich to use twice a day and save it only for my nighttime routine.

One drawback, as I mentioned before, is the heavy fragrance. If you're sensitive to heavy scents and fragrances, you probably already avoid The Body Shop, but you'll probably be better off using another cleansing oil, such as MAC's or Bobbi Brown's.

I don't have dry skin, but I have heard that using this cleansing oil has improved drastically the dry skin of users. It's certainly worth a try if you have dry skin or dry patches.

Thumbs up for the Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil from me!

Oh, and I thought I'd include this photo. I was washing my face with the Silky Cleansing Oil one night after wearing some dark eye makeup and thought it looked pretty cool, so I snapped a selfie. 



Grade: B (loses points for the heavy fragrance)


No comments:

Post a Comment