Monday, July 7, 2014

Cult Cosmetics Nail Polish in Manhattan Beach Review, Swatches and Photos

Today I have another polish for you from my recent Cult Cosmetics nail polish haul. Manhattan Beach is described by Cult as a "shimmer sea glass blue" and like all their polishes has a "one and you're done" formula which means you should have opaque colour in one layer. Photos in natural light on NC 35/40 skin, two coats polish + Seche Vite top coat.


Cult Cosmetics nail polish in Manhattan Beach




To my eye, Manhattan Beach is a deep teal bordering on emerald green with fine silver flecks suspended in a cream base. This polish dries down about two tones darker than it looks in the bottle. It has good pigmentation, but with this shade I found I needed two coats for a flawless finish. Manhattan Beach has an ever so slightly goopy texture and with only one coat I found the application a little uneven in places so that my nail bed was still visible in certain areas.

It's a nice colour, although to me this is more appropriate for fall due to the darkness of the shade. I can also more or less forgive the fact that this polish did not conform to Cult's "single coat guarantee." Manhattan Beach wore well on me, with only minor tip wear occurring after 3 days. Manhattan Beach is available online and costs $9.99 US, Cult Cosmetics ships to Canada.

Grade: B+


No comments:

Post a Comment