Monday, February 2, 2015

NYX Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie in Rum Punch Review, Photos and Swatches


I'm a terrible beauty blogger as I've only recently tried NYX products for the first time. It's not terribly easy to find in-store in Toronto. Rexall drugstores carry the brand but not all stores do, and those that do tend to be poorly stocked, I've found. 

I've bought two lip products, two blushes and an undereye concealer stick so far and I've got my eyes on their lip primer and their yellow colour corrector for undereyes. I haven't been able to track them down.
This post will look at the NYX Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie in Rum Punch. The Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie is a sheer, tinted, lightweight lip balm that leaves a satiny, sheer wash of hydrating colour on the lips. You can wear it on bare lips or over lip pencil for more pigmentation.

Rum Punch is described as a light plum but I think it reads more cherry-red both in the pencil, in swatches and once on my lips.

It cost me $8.99 CDN.



The pencil is pointed and doesn't come with a built-in sharpener, but it does have a twist-up end. The tip will likely wear down to a rounded tip with time.


It is so easy to apply, creamy and smooth. I absolutely love this product, and it's the only lip colour I can wear right now since my lips are so dry. This does not hang on the dry bits like lipstick does and it doesn't dry my lips out while it's on, like lipstick does. 

It can be applied lightly for a tinted lip balm effect or applied more heavily. I like feeling like there's something on my lips, especially since they're so dry all the time these days and this feels like a lip balm but looks like a lipstick. I just love it right now.


It's got very good pigmentation, it's very hydrating and it's got good gloss and staying power (when you're not eating and drinking). 


I want more of these to get me through the winter! If you're looking for a lip product that acts like a lip balm yet gives you some colour, track down some Chunky Dunk!

So far I'm very impressed with NYX - stay tuned for my other reviews!

Grade: A

C.


No comments:

Post a Comment